People wishing to attend the events in the Royal Parks should only purchase tickets from the authorised suppliers. Events, particularly the summer concerts, attract a large number of visitors and it is likely that counterfeit tickets will be offered for sale on illegal internet sites and on the days of the concerts by ticket touts. People purchasing these tickets will not gain entry to the concerts or receive any refund for the costs incurred by them.
WARNING: www.hydeparkconcerts.com is NOT an authorised ticket supplier and has proved to be fraudulent in the past.
- Buy direct from the venue, which can guarantee the ticket you purchase online will be valid to attend the event.
- If you buy tickets through an online auction, choose a seller with a long, continuous history of satisfied customers. Scammers can hijack old accounts, so make sure they have recently bought or sold other items.
- When buying from an individual through an online exchange don't be lured away from the website by the seller. Even if you met the seller on the exchange website, the company may not guarantee any lost money if a transaction occurs outside their domain.
- Never pay with a cashier's cheque or wire money to a seller. Instead, use a credit card or PayPal, which offer some protection and potential reimbursement.
- Scrutinize photos of the tickets closely for any inaccuracies or alterations, and cross-check the seat assignment with the map on the venue's Web site.
- Don't buy from ticket touts - the tickets they sell may be stolen or counterfeit.